Being a parent is an expensive business, particularly if one of you has to give up working to stay at home and look after the kids.
Raising an extra cash is therefore a very appealing prospect. It is no wonder that lots of people turn to eBay, Gumtree and Facebook selling groups to raise some pocket money from unwanted items; baby clothes that the kids have grown out of, toys they probably never even used, general baby related paraphernalia, dresses you will never fit into again and furniture that is now deemed too dangerous to have inside the house.
I recently sold some baby toys via a local Facebook group. The woman who bought them was on time and it was the first time I’d seen a new fiver so I got pretty excited.
I must admit though, selling groups can become a little addictive, but probably not for the reasons you think. No, I am not spending the housekeeping on buying second hand tat, but I am obsessed with seeing the treasures that people are trying to offload; in among the veiled attempts to lure people into the clutches of the latest MLM or hawking shit scrabble tile pictures, there are some real gems out there and fortunately I have a group of friends who seem to share my sad little fixation.
I feel I’m now an expert in how you should approach online selling in Facebook groups, and I offer my top tips to you here, together with some of our best finds. You’re most welcome.
1) Make sure the item is in saleable condition.
2) Make sure it’s not unsafe and/or entirely illegal.
3) Make sure it’s something that someone would actually want to buy.
4) Make sure your pictures show the item in its best light.
5) Make sure it’s not CREEPY AS HELL or liable to give people nightmares.
6) Make sure you set a fair price.
7) Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, make sure you give it a thorough clean first.
8) Make sure to use your words, so people can understand what the hell you’re on about.
9) In fact, you might want to go the extra mile to set up a professional looking backdrop to your photo.
10) If you have nothing to sell, you can always take to crafting.
I hope, with these tips, you’re now ready to start making your fortune.
— online business step (@business_steps) 17 de junio de 2017